Areas of Responsibility
The primary role of a driver is to continuously provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation services. The BNYDC Transportation Department is committed to providing Yard tenants, visitors, employees and business partners with a high level of professional service.
- Confer with Transportation Director and/or Supervisor on a daily basis
- Perform special tours and transportation routes as assigned and scheduled
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times as a representative of BNYDC in full uniform
- Facilitate transportation needs of staff, tenants and their employees as assigned in a safe and courteous manner
- Follow all designated and assigned transportation routes and time schedules
- Check assigned vehicles to ensure safe and proper operation
- Obey all traffic rules and operate the vehicle in accordance with all state & federal laws and Company policy
- Report observed road hazards, obstructions or dangerous conditions that may impact safe and efficient operations to the Director and/or Supervisor
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess and maintain a Class “B” New York State driver’s license with passenger endorsement and air brakes verifiable to the NYS License Event Notification System (LENS)
- Must possess and maintain a valid USDOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter as an attachment to Recruit@BrooklynNavyYard.org
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.