The Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation (BNYDC) is seeking a Junior Leasing Associate to join its Leasing team. Reporting directly to the VP of Leasing this person must have experience in a similar position, enthusiasm, an eye for detail, analytic thinking and very good Power Point and Excel skills.
The goal of the Junior Leasing Associate is to effectively acquire, organize and disseminate pertinent lease information between the Leasing Department and all other company departments in an efficient and professional manner.
This Leasing Administrator will be involved in all lease related activities throughout the Navy Yard and specifically Building 77, a nearly 1 million square foot building that will be Brooklyn’s premiere modern industrial facility. This position requires someone to be a quick learner and to have an interest in learning the real estate business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the VP of Leasing in executing the priorities of the Leasing department, particularly with the lease up of Building 77 and other vacancies throughout the Yard
- Support the leasing team in document management through the lease execution process including working with tenants
- Provide transaction related services (lead space tours, field broker and tenant inquiries)
- Prepare marketing flyers for vacant space and create online listings
- Update and maintain the tenant database system, process lease paperwork, and help generate Board Memos
- Develop financial analysis and reports including budget, arrears, commission projections etc.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the building and the Navy Yard as well as its competitors – becoming a “Neighborhood Expert”
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly organized with strong computer skills, including fluency with Excel, Power Point, MS Office, and Word
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced organization and coordination abilities
- Interest in the Real Estate business with specific interest in Leasing
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Associate degree or equivalent required from an accredited college/university; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial leasing experience
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter as an attachment to HRLeasing@bnydc.org
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.