Areas of Responsibility
The IT Operations Manager maintains the BNYDC office, yard wide IT infrastructure and current systems, looks for flaws and develops plans to resolve, and prepares strategically for future demands by recommending hardware and software changes/upgrades.
- Achieves IT operational objectives by maintaining current systems; evaluating, recommending, testing and installing new technology; contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Determines IT operations service requirements by analyzing needs of users/departments; prioritizing modifications to core system applications; resolving organizational conflict; and developing and implementing documentation requirements for problem resolution.
- Improves quality results by evaluating and upgrading processes, and directing changes.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends in new technologies for storage architecture, capacity, and response time.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and company mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manages interdepartmental technology projects and assists the head of the department with larger, yard wide initiatives.
- Documents all system processes and emergency responses.
- Manages IT Asset Inventory.
- Performs basic IT functions, such as purchasing and installing computer equipment and software.
- Provides IT Help-Desk support, including physical moves, adds, changes and troubleshooting of end-user computer, printing, software, e-mail, calendar, server access and telecommunications issues.
- Maintains upgrade schedule for computer hardware and software.
- Provides office equipment support, including fax machines, copiers, and printers.
- Fields telecommunications support, primarily including field service-call coordination for Verizon infrastructure, field wireless network, tenant service issues, and support for BNYDC remote infrastructure.
- Provides cabling support for all in-network and field infrastructure.
- Assists the team in achieving corporate and departmental goals and objectives.
- Provides general IT support and service for all systems.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities in a fast paced technology environment
- Working knowledge and experience managing IT staff both interdepartmentally as well as with various staff and departments
- Knowledge of best practices in technology implementation and maintenance.
- Experience managing outside vendors in relation to current contracts/agreements
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels; from executive leadership to staff
- Strong project management skills
- Strong collaborative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle the high pressure and immediate demands of a real estate and development company
- Proficient knowledge of network topology including wired networks, wireless mesh technology, switches, routers, servers and firewalls from various vendors
- Knowledge of network maintenance, network design and implementation
- Knowledge of virtualization solutions and deployment methods
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, OS, Office and Project applications proficiency
- Ability to liaise and oversee various IT vendors for maintenance and ongoing project milestones
- Capable of resolving issues and tasks in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 5 years of system administration and 3 years of project experience
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certification a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud computing technologies a plus
- Experience with database management a plus
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter as an attachment to HRTechnology@bnydc.org.
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status