As an enthusiastic and strategic representative for the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation, the Executive Director of Business Services will develop and launch business support services available to Brooklyn Navy Yard tenants, including business-to-business networking and collaboration opportunities, marketing support, cohort business training and educational/business development opportunities. An initial suite of services, anchored on four pillars of impact, has been identified and roll out has begun.
The Executive Director will lead the further development, expansion and implementation of this suite of business services and programs through BNYDC and third-party providers. The role also will require ongoing research based upon dynamic business needs and interests, continuous marketing and outreach to Yard businesses and execution of ongoing impact assessments of business support programs and services. The role will require a creative and entrepreneurial approach to leverage the potential of the extraordinary community of businesses at the Yard and support their ongoing growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build sustained relationships with all Yard businesses.
- Conduct ongoing outreach (including surveys and interviews) to businesses within the Yard to determine areas of greatest need and interest and help assess their business needs.
- Assess the availability, viability, quality and success of business support program models.
- Develop and maintain a resource network of organizations, consultants and businesses to access as service providers.
- Manage leadership training programs specifically designed for Yard businesses to promote business growth, market expansion and revenue increases.
- Identify, build and launch new initiatives to enhance the business support service offerings of the Yard.
- Identify and coordinate with like-minded organizations who provide similar programming and determine opportunities for collaboration, resource sharing or cross marketing.
- Oversee all tenant engagement initiatives including annual tenant briefings, MeetUps and mixers, marketing and programmatic partnerships.
- Develop measurable goals; and manage and evaluate program metrics.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Genuine interest in the mission of BNYDC.
- Previous experience working with small businesses; keen understanding of business needs.
- Experience working with a community of growing businesses (e.g., in an incubator or accelerator environment).
- Previous experience in program research, design and management.
- High-energy and entrepreneurial approach.
- The ability to write well, speak articulately and forcefully, and work on a number of projects independently and simultaneously with close attention to detail.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Demonstrated program management ability and a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer, internet, research and database skills.
- Experience leading a project team with cross departmental team members.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.); Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in relevant field.
- Ability to attend evening/weekend meetings and events.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter as an attachment to HRHumanResources@bnydc.org
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.