Areas of Responsibility
The Construction Project Manager of the Design & Construction Department is responsible for some management and oversight of BNYDC's waterfront rehabilitation, the $60M Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (“FEMA’s”) Public Assistance (“PA”) Program for Disaster DR-4085, as well as the various development and construction projects currently in the Yard’s $250M ten-year capital budget.
- Assist VP Construction Management during the planning and implementation of new projects.
- Assist VP Construction Management with all aspects of project management from planning, budget and scope development to vendor procurement, program management and oversight (including the FEMA program), design and/or construction management to project closeouts.
- “Take ownership” of multiple design and construction projects concurrently, ensuring that they remain on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare Request for Proposals for professional services and Request for Bids for construction services, assist VP Construction Management in the evaluation process, prepare necessary contract documents, maintain project files and schedule, and propose and implement strategies for achieving more comprehensive and efficient procedures
- Interface and negotiate with architects, engineers, construction managers, general contractors, sub-contractors and tenants.
- Work with the Leasing Department to coordinate review of proposed work to ensure communication and minimize conflicts with tenant operations.
- Interface directly with tenants to resolve construction planning and management issues to avoid conflicts.
- Interface with the Finance and Budget Department’s Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Supervising Analyst, the FEMA Public Assistance Crew Leader (PACL) consultants and contractors for tracking and reporting of program/project data and progress and resolution of issues.
- Review vendor and contractor payment requests for submission to Engineering Project Analyst for pre-audit payment certification.
- Maintain accurate and complete department files, both electronically and hard copy.
Required Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to review and interpret structural and civil components of a wide variety of rehabilitation and construction projects, especially those related to industrial shipyard and waterfront property, as well as perform each of the essential functions and duties satisfactorily
- Individual must also have operating knowledge of various computer programs including CADD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Construction Science, Construction Management and/or Architecture from an accredited four-year institution
- Five to seven years of experience in planning, managing and coordination of design and construction projects
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status