Areas of Responsibility
The Administrative Assistant supports BNYDC’s Protective Services Department by completing both administrative functions as well as a broad range of support services.
- Performs and coordinates all administrative and clerical functions of the Protective Services Department including but not limited to:
- Provides excellent customer service to guests by greeting visitors, tenants, and employees in a professional and courteous manner
- Answer the department telephone and direct calls to the appropriate department
- Assist in the writing, editing and preparation of electronic reports and other documents
- Organizing and maintaining the filing of documents and confidential records of department employees
- Assist in the training and development of interns and new office staff.
- Ordering office supplies
- Issuing BNYDC identification cards and Parking Tags to Navy Yard employees
- Assigning new mailboxes and keys to new Navy Yard Tenants
- Generating the monthly parking bill for BNYDC Tenants and their employees.
- Confer with the IT department to ensure that all security based technologies are functioning properly
- Assists with additional administrative tasks as assigned, inclusive of providing coverage for other Administrative in BNYDC, as needed
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong administrative skills including typing proficiency
- Ability to enthusiastically and effectively interface with the public on a daily basis
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone, in-person or via email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to adjust to daily operational needs
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- HS Diploma/GED required
- 3-5 years’ experience providing administrative support services preferred
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a plus
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter as an attachment to Recruit@BrooklynNavyYard.org
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.